St. Louis Cardinals: Cards who could be traded in the off-season.
Several St. Louis Cardinals on the current roster could be traded during this offseason. Some may surprise you, others may not, and some may be your favorite Cardinal.
At the start of this piece I asked a series of questions. Included in these were:
- Do the St. Louis Cardinals need another ‘big bat’ in the lineup?
- Could they upgrade at third base?
- Does Jose Martinez belong in the outfield?
- What needs to be done to the bullpen in the offseason?
- Who on the current roster should be kept and who should be traded?
The names on the previous slides are just some of the St. Louis Cardinals who could be traded after the 2018 season who could bring value. Okay, maybe not Dexter Fowler, but I felt he needed to be addressed. Nevertheless, others could be put on the trade block.
More from St Louis Cardinals Rumors
- What’s next for the St. Louis Cardinals after Contreras signing?
- Report: Cardinals Emerge As Mystery Team for Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Trade targets after signing Willson Contreras
- Cardinals Rumors: Is Willson Contreras Defense a Concern?
- St. Louis Cardinals: Alejandro Kirk or Danny Jansen?
As stated earlier, there are questions the Cardinals need to address with the lineup, starting rotation, and bullpen. I’m not advocating that all the above players be traded, but some who should be considered for their trade appeal. To address the issues the St. Louis Cardinals face, I feel at least a few of the above players will have to be traded.
I also think the Cardinals need to enter the free agent market aggressively. A combination of free agent signings and trades will be needed to make this team a World Series contender, not just a Wild Card contender.
That’s my opinion, what’s yours? As always thanks for reading…and Go Cards.