2015 St. Louis Cardinals Pitchers To Watch
Feb 21, 2015; Jupiter, FL, USA; St. Louis Cardinals starting pitcherLance Lynn
(31) throws during practice drills at Roger Dean Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
2. Lance Lynn
Lynn had statistically his best season of his career last year finishing 15-10 with an ERA of 2.74. However, beyond the statistics Lynn was consistent and effective throughout the season and into the playoffs. He finally turned the corner in that regard and was just what the Cardinals needed in a jumbled and injury filled year for the Cardinals’ rotation. Lynn was rewarded for his strong year with a contract extension in the off-season.
More from Redbird Rants
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- What’s next for the St. Louis Cardinals after Contreras signing?
- Report: Cardinals Emerge As Mystery Team for Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Trade targets after signing Willson Contreras
- Reflecting on the 2013 Cardinals’ top 30 prospects
The reason why i am including Lynn on my list on players to watch is because Lynn is poised and ready to be even better this season. Lynn has been toying around with a new version of his changeup in spring training a pitch that according to
he threw 2.4% of the time last season. Lynn is obviously a fastball pitcher as he threw his two fastballs for a combined 79% of the time so adding an effective changeup that will keep hitters off the fastball will make Lynn a force to be reckoned with this season.