THE LAST NINETEEN
At this point in the season, the Cardinals would be about 22-19. With the toughest section of their schedule behind them, the projections would require the Cardinals to win ten of their last nineteen games to take the division. Here’s what the final few weeks will look like:
HOME- two games vs Minnesota, three games vs Cincinnati, four games vs Milwaukee
AWAY- three games vs Milwaukee, four games vs Pittsburgh, three games vs Kansas City
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
- The St. Louis Cardinals sign catcher Willson Contreras
I don’t think it would be too much to expect the Cardinals finishing 11-8 in these last nineteen games. Another split with the Twins, beating up on the Pirates and Royals one last time, and staying competitive against the Reds and Brewers should put the Cardinals in a great position to control their own destiny.
I believe that it will all come down to the season-ending homestand against Milwaukee. If a playoff berth is clinched before the Brewers come to town on August 24th, we should all be quite happy. Realistically, I would say that the goal is to be at 30 wins and either first or second in the Central before that day. If the Cardinals can reach that point, then we will have October to look forward to.