St. Louis Cardinals: Listen to Episode 14 of the Redbird Rants Podcast
By Nathan Grime
If you missed Thursday’s special two-hour All-Star Break edition of the Redbird Rants Podcast, you can still listen to the rerun where the podcast crew breaks down the 2017 St. Louis Cardinals.
Before the St. Louis Cardinals began the second half of their season in Pittsburgh, the Redbird Rants Podcast aired a special two-hour show Thursday night on the final day of the All-Star Break. This was a show you don’t want to miss.
Hosts Dr. Michael Miles and Brendan Vogt, along with contributors Tito Rivera, Josh McDonald, and Nathan Grime, took a look back at the first half of the season in addition to providing plenty of speculation on the second half.
You can listen to the show here. An outline of the show is as follows:
- Takeaways from the first half of the season
- Biggest surprise/disappointment?
- Team MVP/Cy Young?
- Best series/moment(s) of the first half?
- Biggest developments/narratives/storylines?
- Looking ahead to the second half of the season
- In-house roster moves and promotions to forthcoming?
- Will any more coaches be on the hot seat if the team remains under .500?
- What are the biggest series on the second-half schedule?
- Players to watch in the second half
- The Trade Deadline and the month of July
- Should the Cardinals be buyers or sellers?
- Who should the Cardinals target if buyers?
- Who should the Cardinals trade if sellers?
- Do the Cardinals have any untouchable prospects?
- How does July’s schedule impact the Cardinals’ outlook at the Trade Deadline?
- If the Cardinals buy/sell, can they still compete in 2018?
- What are the Cardinals’ chances at making the postseason? The World Series?
Related Story: Redbird Rants All-Star Break Summit
- Immediate roster decisions
- Kolten Wong and Kevin Siegrist will be due back from the Disabled List on Friday, July 14 according to PBO John Mozeliak
- How does this affect the current 25-man roster?
- What does the future hold for recently demoted position players Aledmys Diaz and Jose Martinez?
- Will we see left-handed reliever Zach Duke make a return this season?
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
- Down on the farm
- The Cardinals have an abundance of pitching and outfield prospects, especially at the AA and AAA levels
- Where do these players fit into this season’s plans?
- Who are you most excited to see in St. Louis?
- Are there any dark horse prospects that have made a name for themselves this season?
- Final predictions
- Where will the Cardinals be when September ends?
- What will the National League playoff picture look like?
- World Series predictions
Make sure you tune in to two solid hours of YOWZA St. Louis Cardinals talk. You can join the discussion on Facebook or Twitter. You can also subscribe to the Redbird Rants Podcast on iTunes.
Next: Redbird Rants All-Star Break Summit
Episode 15 of the Redbird Rants Podcast is scheduled for Thursday, July 20 at 9:30 pm CT. Look for a preview of this show coming soon. Thanks for following our show as we bring you the latest surrounding the St. Louis Cardinals!