The Redbird Rants podcast is excited to bring you Episode 8, where we address the current state of the St. Louis Cardinals and jump ahead to what the trade deadline could look like.
If you missed Monday night’s live recording of episode 8 of the Redbird Rants podcast, you can still listen to it on iTunes or follow the link here. With Tito Rivera as host, Nathan Grime and Trevor Hooth enjoyed a spirited hour of discussion about the St. Louis Cardinals.
You can find all our episodes on ITunes or through redbirdrants.com.
Episode 8 topics included:
- Updating the season outlook: what is there to take away from the series losses to the Brewers and Orioles, and is a shot at the postseason slipping away?
- Current trends: what part of the team gives you the most confidence, and what part of the team concerns you the most?
- The Cardinals’ role at the trade deadline: how likely is it at this point that the Cardinals will go all-in as buyers? Who should they target if they are indeed buyers? If they are sellers, who on the major-league team has the most value? What prospects in the organization should be untouchable in either scenario?
- Upcoming roster talk: what happens if/when Kolten Wong and Randal Grichuk return? Does Michael Wacha have a future in the bullpen this season? Who is the next prospect that should get the call-up?
- Favorite MLB ballpark to visit other than Busch Stadium
We are also excited to announce that our podcast will now be airing biweekly, with shows on Monday and Thursday nights. All shows will be live on BlogTalkRadio from 9:30 pm CST to 10:30 pm CST. Dr. Michael D. Miles, Brendan Vogt, and Josh McDonald are all on deck for episode nine. Look for a preview article for Thursday’s show coming shortly.