St. Louis Cardinals Face Big Test Against the Chicago Cubs
I think the Cardinals have caught the Cubs at the perfect time of the season. They have hit a slight dry patch as they just lost two of three to the Rockies, and won’t be pitching their two best pitchers in Jon Lester and Jake Arrieta. The Cardinals will have their two best starters so far going with Garcia and Martinez going in games two and three.
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
This will be key for the Cards as I believe they will win the series. If Leake can come out of his early season funk, then I believe there is a slight chance of a sweep, but I don’t see the Cardinals taking three from the Cubs here.
It will be a fun series to watch and it would be sweet to have a Cardinals win over the Cubs on Tuesday and a Blues win over the Blackhawks. This would be a fantastic day for sports fans in St. Louis.
Next: Waino Not Bueno Just Yet
Regardless, the Cardinals have a chance to make a statement with a strong series here and if the offense can continue what it has been doing, look out. I can’t wait to watch. What are your thoughts on this upcoming series? Can the Cardinals get revenge for the NLDS?