The Cardinals will get relief from the frigid Pittsburgh air as they open a three-game set in Atlanta tomorrow.
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
The Braves are pretty much in full rebuild mode, and two out of three is pretty much a must for the Cards.
The Braves were last in baseball in runs scored a year ago, and they are one of the few teams that have been worse than the Cardinals offensively thus far in 2016.
The Braves are 0-2 on the year after dropping each matchup of their two-game set at home against Washington.
Look for the Cards to get every facet of the ball club on track against Atlanta. With series’ against Atlanta, then Milwaukee and Cincinnati at home ahead of their first meeting with the Cubs, the Cardinals have a chance to get some positive momentum going.
If things don’t get better over their next nine ballgames, we could be in for an ugly series against Chicago and, consequently, a long season of baseball in St. Louis.