St. Louis Cardinals: Five can’t miss series’ of 2016
April 25-28 @ Arizona Diamondbacks
We’ll get our first looked at the retooled Diamondbacks with a four game set down at Chase Field near the tail end of April.
There’s a good chance we see both Zack Greinke and Shelby Miller (certainly as least one of them) in that series.
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
The Diamondbacks feel like they have a real shot in the NL West this year, and it isn’t without good reason.
They’ve always had a plus offensive unit. Led by one of the games premier talents in Paul Goldschmidt, the D-Backs won’t have any trouble scoring runs this year.
Obviously that pitching staff is much improved, and there is genuine excitement in Arizona for the first time in a while, thanks to the savvy offseason pick ups by Tony La Russa.
The early season four-game set should be a good barometer for where each of these teams stand in the National League in 2016.
I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed with a split, particularly if the Cards have to try and deal with Greinke and Miller in the series.
Next: Regular season wrap up with the Buccos at Busch