Carlos Martinez leaves game with shoulder tightness
Oh no, not again. The injury bug has bit the Cardinals yet again.
During tonight’s game and after only his seventh pitch of the ball game, Carlos Martinez left the game with what the team is describing as right shoulder tightness (according to Jennifer Langosch). He will be re-evaluated tomorrow. When Carlos walked off of the field he had his glove over his face and looked like he was holding back tears.
Wow, this is potentially some really bad news for Carlos Martinez and the Cardinals. Depending on the severity of the injury it could result in Martinez being shut down for the rest of the season and maybe even the playoffs.Â
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
Martinez, in his first year as a starter has had a great season so far. In 179 innings pitched, Carlos has a record of 14-7 with an ERA of 3.01. Martinez has had one other issue this season as he missed his turn in the rotation at the beginning of the month with a back issue. It is unclear whether this issue is related to the injury he suffered tonight.
Hopefully, we hear good news on this tomorrow. Regardless, check back here for news regarding the injury.