Eric Fornataro Leaves St. Louis Cardinals After Nationals Waiver Claim
Right-handed pitcher Eric Fornataro was picked up on a waiver claim from the St. Louis Cardinals Monday.
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
"In eight 2014 Major League appearances, Fornataro worked to a 4.66 ERA (5 ER, 9.2 IP), struck out three and walked only one.The hard-throwing right-hander has a 3.90 career ERA in 219 Minor League games. But in the two seasons in which he has been used exclusively as a reliever, Fornataro has excelled — to the tune of a 2.57 ERA at Triple-A Memphis in 2014 and a 2.39 mark at Double-A Springfield in 2012.Fornataro, 26, was a sixth-round selection of the Cardinals in the 2008 MLB First-Year Player Draft."
Fornataro had a decent season as a reliever for the Cardinals. Decent isn’t going to cut it when the Cards obviously need bullpen help. I hate to see anyone go but I wish Fornataro all the best with the Nats!