More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
Matt Holliday was plunked for the sixteenth time this season. He is now tied with Jay for the MLB lead.
Shelby Miller had a solid start this afternoon. It’s unfortunate that the Texan only recorded a no-decision. He pitched seven innings of three-hit ball in his fourth scoreless start of the season. The three hits allowed were a season low for Miller. He walked three and struck out five batters.
Until today, Miller had a decision in all of his starts against the Pirates. This was Miller’s second consecutive start of going at least seven innings.
Carlos Martinez pitched the eighth inning. He walked one and struck out two batters.
Trevor Rosenthal allowed a walk as he took over in the ninth inning. He earned his second win of the season as he was the pitcher of record when Bourjos got the walk-off hit.
Pirates starter Edinson Volquez had a no-hitter going into the fifth inning. It was broken by Jay in the fifth inning.
As the Cardinals have won five straight, the Milwaukee Brewers are self-imploding.