Pitcher John Lackey, acquired last week in a trade with the Boston Red Sox, is happy to be with the St. Louis Cardinals.
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
Lackey joined Jim Edmonds and Tim McKernan on the radio earlier today to talk about being traded to the Cardinals. Some key quotes follow:
There had been some talk that Lackey might decide to retire at the end of the 2014 season in lieu of playing next year for a $500,000 contract. This seems to put all that talk aside. Not taking into account the 2015 salary, Lackey has earned just over $108 million in his career.
In his first Cardinals start this weekend, Lackey picked up the win on Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers. Lackey will not face his former Red Sox teammates during the series. Instead, his next start will come Saturday when the Cardinals are on the road to take on the Baltimore Orioles.