Oscar Taveras was promoted by the St. Louis Cardinals, once more, in advance of the series against the San Francisco Giants.
More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
This time, the best hitting prospect in the St. Louis Cardinals system is ready to stay according to St. Louis Post-Dispatch baseball writer Rick Hummel.
“The game is faster,” Taveras said according to Hummel. “The pitchers here throw more strikes.”
“I’m ready now. I’m ready to stay here. I’m more prepared now than the other time.”
“It’s not my job to think about that kind of stuff,” Craig said.
Matheny has to juggle an outfield right now that consists of Craig, Taveras, Holliday, Jon Jay, Peter Bourjos, and Shane Robinson. Six outfielders that Matheny will have to be able to find at-bats for them. Think about that for a moment. The team is carrying six outfielders while only carrying one back-up infielder in Mark Ellis or Daniel Descalso, depending on who starts at second base, until Kolten Wong comes back to take over at second base.