More from St Louis Cardinals News
- Cardinals Rumors: 3 pros and cons of signing Carlos Rodon
- Cardinals: Here is Willson Contreras’ first message for St. Louis fans
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals stack up with Willson Contreras?
- Cardinals: The insane asking price the Athletics had for Sean Murphy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Ask me anything with Josh Jacobs – 12/8
Garcia is dealing with shoulder problems. I hate to say it but the Jaime Garcia experiment, at this point, is likely finished. Garcia, according to Mozeliak, tried attempting to throw a bullpen but was unable to complete.
Wacha has been dealing with shoulder problems as well but won’t need any surgery. Wacha is going to be shut down for two weeks. The club got the results yesterday according to Mozeliak but took until today to digest the results.
Moves will be announced on Monday. If I had to make a guess, I would say that Tim Cooney would likely be promoted to join the starting rotation. I’d be surprised if he was not the first pitcher promoted from the Memphis Redbirds.
These DL moves come just one day after it was announced that the club was placing Kolten Wong on the DL and recalling Shane Robinson from Memphis. Why the team chose to recall Robinson instead of either Pete Kozma or Greg Garcia is interesting. With Robinson, the team now has 5 outfielders while the Cardinals are down to Daniel Descalso or Mark Ellis off the bench as a starter depending on who gets the start at second base.
In the meantime, Joe Kelly will be making a rehab start this coming Friday.