Spring training for major league baseball is the time for clubs to see who will be on their roster to begin the season. Skills are fine-tuned, strategy is fine-tuned and in some cases, players are just trying to make it and
sometimes, they surprise.
So I thought I would take the time in this blog to share with you what I hope and expect to see from some of the players in spring training. As always, feel free to comment as I list what I expect to see in Jupiter.
- Oscar Tavares to come and kick butt and show he’s ready for the next level
- Barrett Browning to seriously challenge for a bullpen position
- Matt Carpenter to astonish everyone and takes over as starting second baseman
- Jon Jay to improve his overall game to become one of the premier center fielders in the National League
- David Freese has his best spring yet and stays injury free
- Raphael Furcal proves he’s 100% and picks up his offense and defense as he began last season
- Allen Craig continues to be Allen Craig
- Kolten Wong makes the team and becomes the Cards biggest offensive and base stealing threat off the bench
- Lance Lynn shows he’s ready to last and be consistent the whole season
- Jaime Garcia shows he’s 100%
- Adam Wainwright is back to his dominant self
Finally, I would like to see Kyle Lohse in spring training; and you know what that means.
Thanks for reading.