Jake Westbrook pitched a complete game against the Tigers, holding them to one run in a Cardinals 3-1 victory Wednesday night. It wasn’t all a big success story for the Birds, though. Find out more after the jump.
|WP: J. Westbrook (6-6) |
LP: R. Porcello (4-5)
|R. Furcal ss||5||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||1||.285|
|S. Schumaker cf-rf||5||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||3||.303|
|M. Holliday lf||4||1||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||.286|
|C. Beltran dh||2||1||2||0||0||2||0||0||0||.311|
|A. Craig rf||4||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4||.325|
|S. Robinson cf||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||.257|
|Y. Molina c||4||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||2||.323|
|D. Freese 3b||4||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||3||.267|
|M. Adams 1b||4||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||0||.244|
|D. Descalso 2b||3||0||1||1||0||0||1||0||0||.238|
|J. Westbrook (W, 6-6)||9.0||5||1||0||1||5||0||1.32||3.83|
- Skip Schumaker, Allen Craig, Yadier Molina, David Freese, Matt Adams, and Daniel Descalso all picked up hits.
- Freese scored one of the team’s three runs, while Descalso had the only RBI of the game in a poor defensive showing by the Tigers.
- Rafael Furcal, Matt Holliday, and Carlos Beltran had two hit nights. Holliday scored a run, while Beltran scored a run and walked twice.
- Jake Westbrook had his best start of the season as he pitched a complete game and only allowed one unearned run.
- The only thing to complain about is the Cardinals’ continued propensity for leaving men on. Every starter recorded a hit, but they left thirteen men on. Allen Craig led the way with four runners left on, followed by Schumaker and Freese with three a piece.
3) Matt Holliday – Holliday had two hits and scored a run for the Cardinals
2) Carlos Beltran – Beltran had a perfect day at the plate as he reached base in every at bat. He had two hits, two walks, and scored a run.
1) Jake Westbrook – Without Westbrook’s performance, the Cardinals three runs aren’t enough to get the job done.
In a game set for 12:05, the Cardinals take on the Tigers in a deciding game three. The Cardinals will send out Kyle Lohse, who is 6-2 with a 2.98 ERA against rookie Jacob Turner who is making his 2012 debut in the game.