I’ve tried to give myself some time since Game 3 of the NLCS ended for the St. Louis Cardinals. But, let’s be honest. Nothing will help with that. Ever.
Do you really believe “Errors Happen” was the best way to describe the ending to that game? Really Mike? Really.
It was completely gross. See?
Here are a few questions I have after this game…
1. Hey Mike Matheny! Why did you leave Randy Choate in the game? He hasn’t pitched to more than one hitter at a time… at all this season! He walked the batter. So. Why put him in that situation in the third game of the National League Championship Series? And in San Francisco? Why!
2. Why were you warming up Carlos Martinez? While he’s a pretty laid back guy, he looked ready to go.
3. Do you plan to use Randy Choate ever again? I really hope not. I think that would be a really bad decision. He hasn’t had a good 2014 postseason, Mike.
4. Do you really believe “Errors Happen” was the best way to describe the ending to that game? Really Mike? Really.
5. Ryan Vogelsong, a right handed pitcher, takes the mound in game 4. Will you have a different line-up? Any changes? Please!
With those questions asked, I now want to share some thoughts for Game 4.
1. I really hope the Cardinals can dust off the badness of this Game 3 loss and take the next couple of games to get the series back to St. Louis. Seriously, shake it off, build on it, do better and win.
2. No more Randy Choate.
3. The line-up needs tweaking. Four runs? Against this team. Ugh. You can’t always depend on the dramatics. Or Seventh Inning Cardinal Devil Magic. Sometimes you just need to win. String together hits, steal some bases, hit some homers… just WIN!
4. Shelby Miller needs to have an amazing game. And go as deep into the game as he can.
5. No more dumb mistakes. The Giants seem to capitalize on every single dumb mistake made by the Cards.
Final thought. Cardinals? Please win Game 4. Ok? Ok!