I can’t even begin to put game six of the World Series into words. It was the ugliest greatest baseball game that I have ever watched in my entire life. No doubt about. I have little to add to the discussion other than a few “OMFG’s” and “Did that really just happen’s,” so I’ll just post a picture with some of the thoughts that are flowing through my head with such astonishment that they cannot be formed into complete sentences. As soon as I come back to a semi-calm state of mind, which could be a few days in the Cardinals win game seven, I promise to provide some sort of “analysis” of this unbelievable game.
- First team to come back from being one strike from elimination on two occasions in World Series history
- Freese becomes first player in World Series history to have two game-tying or go-ahead hits in the ninth inning or later
- Mayhem at Busch Stadium with record crowd of 47,325 fans in attendance
- Pitiful defense throughout the game
- Where the hell is the quality pitching?
- Third time in history that a team one out from elimination in the World Series has come back to win
- Greatest World Series game of all time?