Happy New Year to our faithful readers and casual observers.
It is the first day of 2013 and what comes with that is another day closer to the start of spring training. In the spirit of New Year’s Resolutions, I offer some resolutions for the St. Louis Cardinals.
1. Lock up Adam Wainwright to a long term contract. This is for the best for the organization.
2. How about doing something to shore up the middle infield? What is the answer for short stop? Is it Greg Garcia, Jake Lemmerman, Pete Kozma, Ryan Jackson, or a trade to be named later? What is it going to be? For all we know, we might not even know the true status of the health of Rafael Furcal.
3. Allen Craig feels comfortable fielding fly balls in the outfield. Matt Carpenter feels comfortable at first base. Has anyone figured how to resolve this yet?
4. When will Oscar Taveras and Kolten Wong be ready? Will Taveras play right field or will he play center field? If he plays center, what does this mean for Jon Jay? Or does he take over in right field in 2014 after Carlos Beltran’s contract expires?
5. Decide whether Trevor Rosenthal will be a starter or a reliever in 2013. He can throw the ball really hard. Enough said.
6. Lance Lynn, Joe Kelly, and Shelby Miller will be fighting for possibly just spot in the rotation, maybe even two spots. It depends on how spring training looks. With Kyle Lohse unlikely to return, it frees up at least one spot in the rotation. It’s hard to not see Kelly and Miller in the rotation.
Those are some of the resolutions that I have come up for the Cardinals. What do you think? Do you have any resolutions that you would like to see? Please comment and let us know how you feel.
Tags: St Louis Cardinals