This week’s edition of Media Minutes is more or less in the same boat as last week. Roy Oswalt is still just a rumor that seems to lose ground every day. The good news is the Super Bowl is over so baseball is on the mind of fans across the country. Here are some of last week’s media links to help guide you into spring training mode.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Joe Strauss gave us a quick glimpse into how Edwin Jackson‘s signing enhances the current stockpile of draft picks for the 2012 amateur draft.
- Derrick Goold confirms the signing of Alex Cora to a minor-league contract. Cora is a 36 year-old utility infielder expected to compete for a bench job. He has been invited to spring training as part of his minor league deal.
- The preview of positional players continues on MLB.com. This past week they covered the Cardinals infielders. Here is a link to the corner infielders and here is one for the middle infielders.
- Hey fans, Matt Holliday enjoys football too…but the real treat is hearing him talk about getting ready for spring training.
- A warm welcome to Jenifer Langosch, MLB.com’s new beat reporter for the Cardinals. She was previously covering the Pittsburgh Pirates, so you could say she’s climbed the standings with the move. Here is a link to her initial blog post. It’s a detailed summary of the contractual obligations for each of contracts signed in the offseason, right down to performance incentives and who gets suites on the road. I guess the millions in salary isn’t enough.
- B.J. Rains tells us about a local St. Louis restaurant forced to drop its affiliation with Albert Pujols due to lackluster sales since the former Cardinals first baseman left town.
KMOX St. Louis
- Ron Jacober’s Sports on a Sunday Morning show had a discussion with Cardinals’ general manager John Mozeliak.
With spring training just around the corner, we know Cardinals news will pick up and the local media with be all over it. Continue to check here on Tuesdays to see what you may have missed.