Since last week, the media has been busy with a major Cardinals’ news story. Roy Oswalt is on the radar. Much of the what we’ve read has to do with Oswalt’s desire to pitch in St. Louis, but there are competitors in the Texas Rangers and Boston Red Sox. Obviously, there are plenty of choices from the media on the subject and we provide some here for you. In addition, we hear from former GM Walt Jocketty, the Rally Squirrel makes an appearance and there are a few more notable stories you may enjoy.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- This past weekend started with a bang as the rumor mill heated up with discussions that the Cardinals were in on Roy Oswalt.
- Signing Oswalt would mean a log jam in the rotation as he has no intention of pitching out of the bullpen.
- So, they have to look to trade someone. Kyle Lohse and Jake Westbrook have full no-trade clauses and neither player will be convinced to waive it. This leaves Kyle McClellan as trade bait.
- Former GM Walt Jocketty says the Cardinals should be considered favorites in NL Central. This is without Oswalt…
- Skip Schumaker‘s Topps’ baseball card has been pilfered by the Rally Squirrel.
- Yesterday, the Cardinals unveiled an online museum. There are some excellent biographies, video highlights and photo galleries available for your perusal. Here is the link to the museum.
- Matthew Leach provides a look at the Cardinals rotation and bullpen.
- Speaking of Matthew Leach, he will be taking on other responsibilities with MLB.com and replacing him on the beat for MLB.com is Jenifer Langosch, who previously covered the Pittsburgh Pirates.
KMOX – 1120 AM
- Check out the Cardinals Hot Stove League Show from KMOX featuring manager Mike Matheny, McClellan, new assistant pitching coach Dyar Miller and Cardinals prospect Ryan Jackson among others. There are two audio links within the article.
- B.J. Rains never disappoints. Here is an article about Jon Jay and his pursuit for continued improvement in his game. Something fresh amid the Oswalt speculations.
Check back with us next week for more media links. How many will be centered on Oswalt’s landing spot?