|Los Angeles Dodgers||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||2||7||0|
|St Louis Cardinals||0||0||0||0||2||6||0||0||X||8||8||2|
|WP||A. Wainwright (8-10)|
|LP||C. Kershaw (7-6)|
|R. Furcal ss||4||1||2||3||0||1||0||0||1||.278|
|A. Craig rf-lf||4||0||1||2||0||1||0||0||3||.302|
|M. Holliday lf||4||1||0||0||0||1||1||0||3||.317|
|M. Boggs p||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||.000|
|C. Beltran cf-rf||4||1||1||0||0||0||2||0||0||.291|
|D. Freese 3b||3||1||1||1||0||1||0||1||0||.306|
|Y. Molina c||4||0||0||0||0||0||2||0||3||.305|
|L. Berkman 1b||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||.281|
|M. Carpenter pr-1b||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||.276|
|D. Descalso 2b||3||2||2||0||0||1||0||0||0||.235|
|A. Wainwright p||1||2||1||2||0||1||0||0||0||.103|
|M. Rzepczynski p||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||.000|
|J. Jay ph-cf||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||.307|
|A. Wainwright (W, 8-10)||7.1||7||2||2||1||7||0||1.28||4.31|
- Rafael Furcal had a productive two hit night. He drove in three runs and scored once.
- Allen Craig hit his seventeenth double of the season and drove in two runs. He now has 49 RBIs on the season.
- Matt Holliday reached base on a walk and scored a run.
- Carlos Beltran hit his fourteenth double of the season and score a run.
- David Freese hit an RBI single and scored a run. He also reached base on a walk and stole his second base of the season. The RBI was hit 56th of the year.
- Daniel Descalso had a two hit night and scored two runs.
- Adam Wainwright not only cruised through seven and a third innings of two run baseball, but he also helped his own cause by hitting a two RBI double and scoring two runs.
- Scrabble and Mitchell Boggs combined for one and two thirds innings of perfect baseball to close the game out.
- Matt Holliday and Yadier Molina were held hitless. As mentioned, though, Holliday scored a run after walking.
- Lance Berkman took a pitch to the knee and had to leave the game. There is no indication as to whether Lance will see more time on the DL.
3) Allen Craig – Craig drove in two of the Cardinals eight runs with a double.
2) Rafael Furcal – Furcal had a two hit night and led the team in RBIs.
1) Adam Wainwright – Wainwright had a great night at the plate to go along with a solid pitching performance.
|Cincinnati Reds||57||40||0.588||–||31-18||26-22||408||350||58||Won 6||8-2|
|Pittsburgh Pirates||55||42||0.567||2||33-16||22-26||391||355||36||Won 1||6-4|
|St Louis Cardinals||51||46||0.526||6||27-21||24-25||475||385||90||Won 1||5-5|
|Milwaukee Brewers||44||53||0.454||13||26-23||18-30||427||440||-13||Lost 6||3-7|
|Chicago Cubs||40||57||0.412||17||24-21||16-36||354||425||-71||Lost 1||5-5|
|Houston Astros||34||64||0.347||23.5||24-23||10-41||375||489||-114||Lost 8||1-9|
The Cardinals host the Dodgers in the third game of their four game set in about 45 minutes. The lineup has already been announced and Lance Berkman is not playing at first base, which could mean he is either resting a tender knee or he could be seeing some more DL time. The Cardinals face Aaron Harang, who has a 7-5 record and a 3.46 ERA. In his career against St Louis, he has seven wins in twenty four starts and a 4.47 ERA. Lohse has a 10-2 record on the season and a 2.71 ERA. He has a pretty bad track record against the Dodgers, as he has only two wins in seven starts and a 5.36 ERA. He is riding a nine game quality start streak.
Tags: Daily Rant